Herbal remedies to heal your pets
Thinking of using herbal remedies to heal your pets?
Herbal remedies are a great way to care for your pets naturally. In nature animals will instinctively seek out the greens they need to maintain optimum health but with today’s conveniently packed pre-made animal foods some do not contain all of the nutritional benefits your pet needs and may have found in the wild – you have probably seen dogs and cats eat grass and grazing animals choosing to eat various plants other than grass.
The healing power of herbs is vast and varied but it can be trial and error finding the right one to see the benefits. That’s why we have 10 Herbs that form the basis of all of our Nutritional Boosters and each herb has it’s own distinct healing power. These herbs are combined and fermented.
Historically fermentation was used as a way of preserving foods but fermenting is becoming more and more fashionable and in the media due to the health benefits is provides. During the fermentation ‘good’ bacteria are produced (probiotics) and when consumed, these good bacteria contribute towards a healthy balanced gut which provides many health benefits all over the body for both human and animal.
“All disease begins in the gut” – Hippocrates.
The active phytochemicals in the 10 the herbs combined with the good bacteria from fermenting make for a powerful health tonic, that when consumed daily can help alleviate many ailments. The following herbs are combined in our Nutritional Boosters:
- Aniseed for bloating, settles the digestive tract.
- Birch Leaves for natural pain relief and reduce inflammation and fever.
- Caraway for heartburn, bloating & gas, loss of appetite.
- Fennel for heartburn, bloating, gas & colic, loss of appetite.
- Goldenrod for cleansing urinary tract, inflammations and (in Europe) treating/preventing kidney stones.
- Marshmallow Root for respiratory tract, stomach inflammations, ulcers, diarrhoea, constipation, urinary tract – inflammation and stones.
- Peppermint to soothe the digestive tract.
- Raspberry leaves an antiemetic (helps to stop being sick), diarrhoea, refrigerant (i.e. cools the body down).
- Rosemary for detox, pain relief, immune system boost, improves circulation.
- Yarrow for gastro tract discomfort, diarrhoea, loss of appetite.
Nutrition Boosters are perfect as a daily tonic, at times of ill health, after anti-biotics, for allergies, or for elderly pets who need to increase weight gain, they are 100% natural and contain only organic and GM free herbs. We use molasses to give the Nutrition Booster a taste animals will love, during the fermentation process all of the sugars are completely used up and the end product is sugar free. All our products are made with “live” good bacteria, they are not freeze dried.
Tell us what herbal remedies you use for your pets and the positive outcomes you have had.
Join our journey
To find out more about the fascinating world of microbes, hear about our latest products and discounts, and to join our growing community of animal lovers please sign up.