Microbes (aka microorganisms, germs) are naturally occurring and all around us, they are unavoidable and spread via air, water, food and touch. There are beneficial (good) microbes and harmful microbes, without beneficial microbes balancing good and bad, life on earth would not be possible.
What are microbes?
Microbes are single cell organisms and communities of microbes are microbe biomes – the families of microbes that live in everyone and everything.
Beneficial microbes help us maintain a healthy environment; they recycle natural waste, break down man-made waste, produce nutrients that plants need to grow, fight pollution and even degrade toxic chemical, ferment wine, make bread rise and enhance the effectiveness of cleaning and odour control products, some are even said to have anti-cancer properties and they do much more!
Beneficial microbes in the gut help digest food, regulate the production of vitamins and nutrients that are essential keep bodies strong and healthy and they are the first line of defence the body has against infection.
Harmful microbes produce toxins; harmful to humans, animals and plants, they spoil food, pollute water. These harmful microbes are called pathogenic microbes and they cause illness and disease.
Gradually these harmful microbes are becoming resistant to antibiotics and antibacterial products, this means they are not killed and their growth is not stopped. Resistant microbes are becoming difficult to kill, which sometimes results in using toxic alternatives.
Probiotics (aka good, friendly bacteria) are live bacteria that have many powerful health benefits. They help to restore the natural balance of bacteria in the gut to maintain good digestive health and boost the immune system.
effective microorganisms are mixed cultures of beneficial naturally occurring microbes that are human-friendly. They have a reviving action on humans, animals and the natural environment and the ability to consume environmental toxins, human and plant pathogens, while remaining non-toxic to humans.
What does a balance of microbes do?
When microbial populations are healthy and balanced they support the regeneration of cells and create healthy ecosystems in any environment. This is why the use of probiotics and products containing microbes are beneficial to your pet’s health and can also be used in the household and garden and to maintain human health.
Fermented Herb Extract (FHE)
Many of our products are made with Fermented Herb Extract (FHE). FHE is packed full of living beneficial microbes that when consumed or applied these amazing little microorganisms can outnumber the bad ones that cause disease and smells. Both animals and their environment benefit.
Given to pets you may see increased vitality, increased appetite, smaller stools, digestion improved, resistance to illness and pests reduced, a calmer and more balanced pet.
Used in your environment you may experience less smells and an environment that stays cleaner for longer after continued use.
- Lactobacillus casei – beneficial to your pet’s digestive health
- Lactobacillus plantarum – to keep pathogenic disease-causing microorganisms from flourishing
- Saccharoymyces cervisiae – a yeast that is instrumental to the fermentation process
- FHE also contains anise, birch leaf, caraway, fennel, goldenrod, marshmallow root, peppermint, raspberry leaf, rosemary, yarrow.
Did you know?
- Microbes have been around along than anything else on earth.
- Microbes break down pathogens in waste and convert them back in to safe molecules found in nature.
- People in developed countries now spend more than 90% of their time indoors. Microbes indoors are shown to be less diverse and contain more harmful bacteria than fresh air.
- There is 10 times more bacteria in the average body than there are cells, in the entire body.
- One teaspoon of soil contains 1 billion microbes.
- 99% of your microbiome lives in the gut.
- 5% of microbes cause disease, the rest are beneficial.
Smart Balanced Living
Smart balanced living is chemical free. It is co-existing in harmony with natural environments and the microbes within them. Our products use the power of nature to rebalance the good and bad microbes in any environment.
Join our journey
To find out more about the fascinating world of microbes, hear about our latest products and discounts, and to join our growing community of animal lovers please sign up.